Thursday, January 20, 2011

My celestial constant

Living in the hostel is an experience everyone should have. It's like a kiln one needed to finally go through before one's true strengths come forth. I can gas around on hostels for quite a bit-I hate most of it!

The inspiration behind this particular post is my realisation that I have little in common with my earlier life(read: pre-jamshedpur). It almost seems like a previous birth sometimes. Nothing is the same, not even me. or wait. I think it should be-most of all, me.
So the other night I was walking back from the mess and I looked up at the sky. I don't remember why I looked up, was it the moon, was it exasperation, was it a kink in my neck, was it a desire to knock at heaven's door, I don't remember. but I looked and I saw. In that moment of isolation, I saw my oldest companion-the only constellation I can always track and one I always look for-the Orion.
It must've been class 3 or 4when I first learnt of the Orion. since then, whenever I could I've always looked up to find it and it's a relief that it's still there! But that day it spoke back to me.
for most people there isn't much that objects communicate. I somehow perceive it differently. there are bonds one can share with every thing-it doesn't have to be a breathing, talking flesh and blood. and once you believe, you'd know what I am talking about.
I miss myself terribly on some days. on some days I am complacent about this change. my glimpse at the Orion that day just made dealing with complacency easier. It was almost as if it said to me that it'll always be there-a constant in this changing life. A constant companion that would travel with me where ever i went and one who'd never ever change. most of all when i did.
can't say that about anything else now, can I?

3 comments:

provoqd said...

I would agree to both the points u have spoken of here.
Even I realized why my father used to tell me, that i needed to go live in a hostel. Living in a place like a Jamshedpur was quite difficult, but it taught quite a lot of things.
And of course, Orion has been the companion for many a ppl on lonely nights. Has been the case for me as well. Nice post. Keep updating :):):)

Unknown said...

:D It's not very often that I get people to agree to vague ideas in my head or admit they liked it!
Thanks!

provoqd said...

hehehe....is it so. Well not vague, they actually make sense. People just dont have the time to actually to stop and ponder over such thoughts, so they just label them vague. However, if someone just changes their perspective and thinks over these things, they'll find it making sense.....Right????......:):):):)