Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rusty ol' me

So yours truly has decided that life needs a facelift. I need loads of other things but one has to start somewhere. So I have restarted two previously integral parts of my life: physical fitness and public speaking.
The former is currently being pursued by using the well stocked gym that XL offers. I haven't had much time to devote to it or my self lately. Then a few events triggered a major need for revamp. Step in my resolve to go to the gym. On day1, I use the treadmill, I use the stepper, I do some floor exercises and rusty, flabby me gets all sweaty and exhausted! Sheer mortification overtakes me as I realise that I have indeed lost my agility and flexibility.
There is another side to this tale. The public speaking bit. I participated in a debate after 5long years. Oh boy am i rusty! But like they say, it never goes out of your system. Standing there with a small chit of my points, I felt like I was back home. I could feel I was rusty, I could feel I needed a brushing session but I was happy. I rediscovered my first love. One I had let slip in engineering.
Now I wish I can continue with both-both were sorely missed and desperately required.
Ah life!

2 comments:

ManPreet Kaur said...

very nice blog..
Pls Visit My Blog..

Music Bol
Lyrics Mantra
Unique Storm

provoqd said...

good one....hitting the gym, that too after a long time requires quite a lot of effort from ones side.....however, it should be made a practice...after all who doesnt like fitness...keep up the debates, u'll need to negotiate with ur parents....:):):)
Keep posting...:D