Friday, December 19, 2008

winter's here!


i woke up this morning to grey overcast skies and a new fresh chilly nip in the air, and i said to myself,"winter's here to stay!". coming out of the warm cozy realm of sleep n a warmer blanket, winter definitely didn't top my list of favorite things, rather my list of depressing things! suddenly the fear of life set in...what will i do when my vacations are over? how will i ever manage to pull out of bed at seven just to make it to college on time? how will i sit in my rather obviously depressing semblance of a classroom, without thinking and dreaming and most probably sleeping over thoughts of warm blankets and hot tea?! how?! this bit i knew i must...face my fears before they had the better of me...even go beg the hostel people to let me live! :(((( the more amusing(now that i think of it) and then depressing thoughts came with what I'd planned of my life. working in this hustling bustling metropolis in Europe(America doesn't appeal :P), living on my own and having this wonderfully good time, what scared me this morning was the fact that I'd not see my beloved sun! when i couldn't spot a yellow stain in the skies at half past ten this morning, how the hell will that happen the closer i move to the north pole? though the sun is bad for my skin, i still love its warmth, it's shine and its sheer presence...and i didn't realise i loved it so till now! the most amusing part of my dilemma was that if it's going to be cold, and hopefully snowing, how will i build up my wardrobe of skirts and frocks? jeans and stockings barely keep me warm enough for Delhi winter, how will i manage on my own in my dreams?! rather depressing and funny..if u see it from my perspective! i can already feel the quintessential horns of dilemma! clatter, clatter, clatter...zzzzz...it's chilly!

2 comments:

ABHi said...

the rest was good but... but .. but

"how will i ever manage to pull out of bed at seven just to make it to college on time?"

Do you wake up at 7 for a class at 9??? whoa!
am like i wake up at 8:30 n ... u no..
its relly hard to digest, you wake up that early??? you sure???



BTW i think i like winters more... it feels cool n its not sweaty... n you can have soup as well as icecream. you cant have em both in summers! :)

Unknown said...

yeah well i know this feeling of disbelief..but i couldn't survive the hostel, so i'm home! and somehow winter mornings are the only time that make me wonder at my sanity...