Friday, May 25, 2007

Frost bite and sun burns!


Its been one full semester at the ice kingdom called Delhi college of engineering with its ice princesses and stone princes. Ironically the place is almost an inferno in summer especially walking down the concrete roads all the way to the main gate. how many time I've had a frost bite(jeez!) and a sun burn(real bad ones) I've lost count.

the place is like its inhabitants-two extremes. now calling it two extremes may be due to my inclination to classify things into slots or whatever but this place is so damned confusing! frankly u can get lost here with no luck of being retrieved ever again. the corridors, the staircases the blocks...u really need a guided tour to know where you're headed. i know, i took one from a friend. its really huge and empty!

i use empty because except for a handful of people here and there you will never really find a crowd except in the canteen. that too, the same faces. considering it has over 800 people in my batch only, i happen to see very few. or maybe i happen to register a very few.

now coming to people. if you can recall i mentioned them as ice-princesses and stone princes. that's exactly what they come across as. they can give you a frost bite! well not all of them. some can burn your fingers! on a more serious note i think there's more to it than good self-restrained people-its me. i was the outsider. i was the one who had to break the ice(i love this) with a sledge hammer. the reason I'm so bugged or pissed is that I've tried so hard with not as much success as i would have liked.

if anyone were to ask me what should u do if given an option to switch colleges, I'd say think again. its a real pain to get yourself an identity when people are just not interested to know who or where u come from. when college starts everyone is interested in everyone else. they want to know you, you want to know them and everyone gets a fair chance of being a part of your little world. cut to a semester later(or even a year, if you transfer etc) people have their own little world. you and you alone have to cut through. take a good ninety nine steps and then maybe they'll take one. I've not had it that hard, but I've had it hard. and truthfully its not good for my ego. i hate to say this but i do have a nice ego that has had enough reasons to be inflated through out school, however unglamourous i may have been, and this whole situation of being a nobody hurts.

all in all this place has been one good experience. i never knew i had so many emotions in me considering the many firsts i've had here, the most memorable(why?) being my very amusing(to the spectators ofcourse) catfight! i'll maybe divulge the details in another post but lord did i lose my temper. i've been cheated on(no no boyfriend trouble, that doesnt exist), betrayed(my little innocent soul) and embarrased(ask munchkin for details).

whatever said and done this extreme action is where i'm gonna be for another three years and trust me i'm looking for a reason to tear my own comments above apart.

No comments: