Wednesday, January 20, 2010

my big bold cap

I've been haunting khan market and south ex a wee bit too much lately...4days in a row is a record for me! ambling about, hunting down a tailor, looking for kids' stuff and just checking out stores, it was fun in ways. Also since both are virtually entirely on sale, it's quite a sight and absolutely, completely, utterly irresistible!

The reason I haven't emptied my piggy bank yet is that I carry no cash or cards! Precautions are necessary when in such places and even if i don't buy stuff, I'll end up gorging on something sinfully delicious at khan market or burning hot at south ex. And truthfully neither's good for me.

So on my last but one day out at south ex, dad, mum and i were moving in and out of stores, crossing and recrossing the subway and basically driving each other nuts. And then i saw it...it drew me like a fly to the flame and i happily went. I'd finally found myself a big bold Caribbean knit cap! i didn't even try it on..I knew I wanted it and I just bought it! Thank god Benetton was on sale!

Now this cap of mine is getting mixed reviews. Considering how I've barely stepped out of my house without it, almost everyone who's opinion matters has seen it. It's been called a steal, adorably colourful, bright and bold, plain weird, a chef's hat or simply been dumbly stared at.
Google informs me it's called a Jamaican tam but all
my life I've known it as the Bob Marley cap...and so even as I've searched for just the right one for me and finally found one, i can't get over gushing about it!

For those who are still wondering what it looks like, here's a variant though mine is red, yellow and green(no black) and i looove it!

No comments: