Monday, October 01, 2007

its a new world

i'm now officially a hosteler. my hostel warden may disagree due to lack of attendance but i still feel like one. personally i hated it the first few days and having home at a distance of five or six and thirty kilometers can be quite a temptation to a baby like me! so i came running home(only metaphorically) whenever i possibly could.
last week i resolved to stay. and i might add, on the third day when my mother asked if i missed home, i promptly replied a no! i really didn't! yes there were other things that pulled me home wards, but definitely not stuff like an ac room or momma's cuddle. they are things that i need to resolve in my head and which if i mention will not even relate to a hosteler's life. but then my life was never that easy.
the kind of independence and a whole grown up kind of feeling that i've experienced has been an eye opener of sorts. in the hostel u're left to yourself and u actually come to realise what bonding is all about! i always had a fear in my mind that i may be left all alone like a loner i portray to be at the point when i am in most need of human company...but here i've learnt and realised that not everyone can see through the facade and to let the bee into the parlour, even the spider had to invite it! i've made some friends who're unusual to say the least, they're unique. each one with their own ideas of life and each one with their own tastes.
i've been lucky in more than one way. my roomie is a gem... getting to understand me and protect me in so little time as we have spent together, she's precious to me. it was almost magical to know that our likes, dislikes, hobbies and mind tracks run almost parallel...she writes poetry, loves decorating the room. loves earrings, keeps an extensive wardrobe and believes in cleanliness! although i give her enough reasons to keep cleaning the room after me...she never loses her temper. we can laugh at jokes together that no one else even noticed, we can discuss movies and grammar with the same level of ease and then we can just roll with laughter just trying to imagine femina with a playboy like centre spread!
i owe my love of the hostel to the sexy female i live with(i thought of worse lines, but then it maybe taken n kinky forms!). she's a true blue gem and i really thank her for it.
this one's for u Sexy PJ!

2 comments:

Apoorv Khatreja said...

Ok, so now I have another positive review of hostel life. Well since your a newbie and a girl, won't give much credit to you, but you're going for engineering, and that makes it somewhat useful. Any idea on what happens on the other side of the wall?

Unknown said...

okay buddy seems like u got a prob with girls. what do u assume us to be huh? i agree you may have problems with me being a newbie et al, but whats with the girl part huh? care to explain?