Thursday, April 23, 2009

love isolates

i've been wondering hard and long. people often refer to it as pms and mood swings, but it's highly rewarding considering the revelations i make! and lately i've been thinking of the highly over rated phenomena called love. i'm not overtly cynical and i'm not calling grapes sour(as many often attribute it to) but all i'm saying is that the first flush of spring time love often makes people cocooned. all my friends who're in orkut's misnomed terminology are "committed" explain this as love being so satisfying that you need nothing more. 
as the well known song from 'dil apna aur preet parayi' goes:
mubarake tumhe ki tum
kisi ke noor ho gaye
kisi ke itne paas ho
ki sabse door ho gaye

the last few lines are what are i'm refering to. so obviously i'm not the only one to notice that it happens!
now as to what triggered is line of thought, was that i've been missing many of my friends. not in the physical absence way, but emotional way. the connect's been missing and often in the  most blatan t way. maybe it's jealousy. or maybe it's convention but why is it that ur social life though it's on a high when u're with someone, also depends competely around taht person's schedule? i can only imagine it be some extreme form of possessiveness on the part of the lover, but don't they miss some "me" time? 
i still wonder. maybe coz i'm the odd numbered one in parties and sitting alone in the canteen waiting for my friends' gf/bf's classes to begin! good lord!
ps: i still love my friends and i hold their 'loves' dear for all the (apparent)good they've done to them. but i miss my friends!

4 comments:

ABHi said...

youve given words to the thoughts which i guess are really heartfelt... same here...
i love my friends as wel...
and...
i miss them even in their company!

Chronicler said...

love is definitely a blown outta proportion concept... Esp as college kids we come with our rosy ideas of what love is... ideas of sugary saccharine moments, of absolutely coochie cooie moments... of life revolving around that one person, but things don't work that way... I know i need my girlfriends... they were a part of life before anything else happened... seen me through the worst of phases, how can the entry of one person change things at my end... it has never happened and hopefully It'll never happen either...

Chronicler said...

that happens to be the longest comment I have ever posted anywhere before... :)

Unknown said...

@abhi
i agree. i miss them even in their company! it's almost as if it's not them next to me

@swayam
there's always a first time! though it's flattering to see u managed ur longest comment here :) and yes my girlfriends are my support...they've seen me through my darkest hours and i have for them. maybe thats why i miss them so much